Saturday, April 26, 2014

12 Sundays are Gone and What's Changed

Its been 12 Sundays that Agreya has left us and our life changed forever. Recently we took a trip to mountains of Jammu & Kashmir, a trip that we were supposed to go on with Agreya , but somehow for one reason or other it was always postponed. 

No one of us really wanted to go, still we went, no one of us thought we can go out with Agreya physically not present with us, but we survived ( funny, how our heart thinks that life has stopped now, but it does not). This was the trip that gave us chance to spend time with our innerself ( each one of us ) and also to think about people around us. 


Serene sunsets with practically no one around on the top of a mountain to watch. One of the places beyond reach of  tourists and nothing but vast expenses of  snow clad mountains and most spectacular blue sky interspersed with different shades of orange { "When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson }

Coming back to introspection thing , whenever something changes, there are so many other things that change too; and there is no incidence { tragic or happy } that leaves you without any learning.  Good thing that after spending time away from busy work life, technology {well not completely, I used my camera and limited phone use} and everyday struggles of life, you are ready to think afresh, your mind accepts the obvious which you were trying to ignore till now. 

I learned so many things , many of which if someone would have told me few months ago, they would either hurt me or I would have just brushed them aside. But brushing aside issues almost never work or It does , I have yet to find out.

Few things that I observed { I may be wrong in my observations but  how do you learn ... by observing,  isn't it } .


  • First thing, you have less people who {really} care for you, and more who {really} don't care , focus on those who care { Yes I have trimmed down my facebook list and the process is on} till I have max people on the list who care. Sometimes that care when it comes from the people who are stranger for you, but they know you in some way, totally amazes you and your belief in existence of humanity increases manifolds.
  • Sometimes your capacity to forgive people surprises even you, there comes a time when empathy becomes more important than your inner conflicts and whats moral and sometimes even ethical { Yes that's how life works }
  • Tragedy changes your life, your calender and also your phone book. Old friends no longer will be there in your phone logs, and so will be the new ones { who come to know about it }. Don't worry your list might be short but it is a solid one , the one that you must save it for rest of your life.
  • Mere mention of  your child or a simple question how many children you have can freeze you and take out the life that you feel is still left in you. Remember, people who you have not been in touch with recently or you have just met will ask and you have to be prepared to answer { Its perfectly OK if your eyes well up with tears }.  Being prepared helps, and it helps others from feeling awkward, this will keep happening , there will be people who you do not need to tell, and there will be people whom you have to tell.
  • Why remember things that give you heartache , why not the things that gave you happiness { I am trying to focus more on happiness that  Agreya gave us in her short life , the ones which will always make us smile and bring back her with us every moment of our life} 
  • Mostly , people who said get on with life will be the ones who will get scandalized when they even have smallest of doubt that you actually might. 
  • I am not letting my self forget that how mush she loved us, how much pain she felt when I was not feeling well, that last cup of tea she made {despite she was not feeling strong herself } on that Wednesday afternoon, when I came out of bath after a tough day. 
  • To honor her love for us , we all have to keep moving, yes it is difficult but we owe it to her. And When I read books like Many Lives Many Masters and Only Love is real  I like to believe that everything is temporary , life , death , the role we play. One day somewhere , in some other destination we will meet again. 

As they say in a Shabad from Gurubani  "Khwar hoe sabh milange "  meaning Those separated will unite.

4 comments:

  1. Agreya will be evergreen in your life through your memories. I know these words may seem hollow now but let me assure you that I am sharing your sorrow right this moment with you as I type these words. Pray that she is happy where ever she is now .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are strong!! Agreya will be proud of you always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter was a lucky and blessed child. She will always remain in your thoughts & forever in your thoughts. Hoping, praying for peace and acceptance for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great shock to hear about the tragedy. I just read your blog and believe me I cried for a long time.
    Aregya, I just met her once was such a loving and affectionate child.

    If don't have words to express my grief. May God give you and the family the strength to bear the pain.

    ReplyDelete